Improve your advanced English reading skills and study this extract from The Book Thief, an amazing book in English! B2, C1 and C2 levels.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Love books? Want to improve your advanced English reading skills? Dive into some real English and brush up your advanced English reading skills!
How to use this lesson:
There are two ways to use this advanced English lesson. That’s to say, either:
> Simply listen and enjoy! Make yourself a cup of tea, find a cosy space and spend some time with yourself.
> Or you can study a bit! Practise your listening skills and grow your vocabulary.
- Listen to the audio (without reading)
- Listen again and read. The extract is below. (Note down new words and structures that are interesting for you but don’t look them up yet. And don’t highlight every single word you don’t know!)
- Listen again (without reading). Compare your comprehension now to the first listening.
- Take the vocabulary quiz
- Participate in the discussion
Love reading? Join Book Lab!
Read an entire book in English and take part in live lessons online with British English teacher.
Advanced English Reading Discussion
Consider these questions:
- The narrator here is Death. Some readers love Death as a narrator; others not so much. What do you think?
- Can Death be a good choice for the role of narrator?
- What is his tone?
- Are you curious about the story he has to tell?
Write your thoughts in the comments below